Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
September 18, 2012
- Central Coast Railroad Festival Arrives in Two Weeks!
- Final Schedule Available
- Six Rail Excursions during Festival!
- Central Coast Rail News
Central Coast Railroad Festival for October 4-8:
Three Family Rail Excursions now on Sale for Oct. 6th (leaving from Grover, SLO and Paso) - Also two Wine Rail Excursions added during the Festival. Biggest SLO Farmers Market Event yet. Twenty Garden and Model Railroads on the Layout Tour from Paso Robles to Lompoc. SLORRM Open House at its Freight House Museum on Saturday. Train Town USA presentation. Big Sunday event at the Oceano Depot. SLO's Quality Suites is featured Festival hotel. Amtrak, Rabobank & Union Pacific to sponsor Festival.
Details and Complete Schedule now at: http://ccrrf.com/schedule.html
New Wine Rail Excursions ? Tickets Now Available Online!
Details at: http://ccrrf.com/excursions.html Adult price for Wine Rail Excursions is $59 for adults and $39 for kids. Only $39 to Train Wreck Friday Parties! Family Excursions are $29 for adults and $19 for kids.
Buy Tickets Online Now: click here
(Tickets are limited and will go quickly.)
* Friday, October 5th: Special Festival Wine Rail Excursion starts in SLO and visits Café Roma & D'Anbino Winery plus
concert by Railroad Troubadour Don Lampson.
* Saturday, October 6th: Festival Family Rail Excursion #1 starts in Grover Beach and includes a Round Trip Ride on Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner between Grover Beach and SLO, free shake or drink and Amtrak gifts for the kids
* Saturday, October 6th: Festival Family Rail Excursion #2 starts in Paso Robles and includes a ride on Amtrak's Coast Starlight between Paso Robles and SLO, Amtrak gifts for the kids and a visit to the SLO Railroad Museum's Freight House (CCRRF)
* Saturday, October 6th: Festival Family Rail Excursion #3 starts in SLO and includes a ride on Amtrak's Coast Starlight between San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles, return on private bus and Amtrak gifts for the kids
* Monday, October 8th: Special Festival Wine Rail Excursion starts in SLO and includes a visit to Pomar Junction Winery and a ride on Amtrak's Coast Starlight between Paso Robles and SLO
Other CCRRF Wine Rail Excursions:
- Sunday, October 14th: Second Sunday Wine Rail Excursion: starts in Paso at D'Anbino Tasting Room and visits Pomar Junction
- Friday, October 19th: Special Excursion to Pomar Junction's Train Wreck Friday Party with Red Skunk Band! (Harvest Fest Weekend): starts in SLO
- Sunday, November 11th: Second Sunday Wine Rail Excursion: starts in SLO and visits Pomar Junction Winery
Central Coast Rail News and Events:
* San Luis Obispo receives Train Town USA designation from Union Pacific! This is part of UP?s 150th Anniversary Celebration. Details soon at ccrrf.com Presentation at 11:00am on Saturday, Oct. 6th at the SLORRM?s Open House. http://up150.com/towns
* Throughout September: ?PLOT Lines? TV show featuring the CCRRF and the SLORRM. Charter Public Access Chan. 2 in SLO County. Weekly show times: 7:30pm on Wednesdays, 5:30pm on Fridays & 8:30am on Sundays.
* October 4th to 8th: Central Coast Railroad Festival. Full Details: http://ccrrf.com/#
* November 4th: SLORRM fundraiser at Bittercreek Western RR. Tics now on sale: http://slorrm.brownpapertickets.com/
* The Fillmore & Western Railway Co. and its affiliated nonprofit support groups have announced several new events this fall. They have a new Movie Train Café too! Details at: http://www.fwry.com/
* 20% discounts are available on the Pacific Surfliner for trips to and from San Luis Obispo, Grover Beach and Santa Barbara County stations.
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org