Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
October 11, 2012
4th Annual Central Coast Railroad Festival has Departed the Station - On Time!
- Central Coast Railroad Festival was a Great Success
- Wine Rail Excursions this fall plus Christmas Excursion, Gift Certificates & Reno Fun Train!
- Also Central Coast Rail News
Thanks to all of you who attended and participated in the various events during last weekend's Railroad Festival. We had strong attendance at all events, especially at the SLO Farmers' Market and the SLORRM's Preview Day at its Freight House Museum. The Train Town USA presentation was quite spirited and brought together a number of the important railroad organizations. All five Excursions were either sold out or very close to sold out and the Model Layouts experienced big crowds. Plans are already being made for an expanded 2013 CCRRF! Thanks again to our Festival Sponsors: Amtrak, Rabobank, Union Pacific Railroad, and the Santa Maria Valley Railroad.
CCRRF event photos
are available now at: http://ccrrf.com/photo-index.html
Art Westerfield from Arroyo Grande was the lucky winner
of the Athearn Southern Pacific Iron Horse HO Train Set. His entry was selected from those that submitted their email addresses during the Festival for inclusion on the CCRRF broadcast email list. Thanks to all that signed up for these periodic emails and thanks to Horizon Hobby, Inc. for supplying the prize!
New Wine Rail Excursions - Tickets Still Available Online for Fall Trips!
Details at: http://ccrrf.com/excursions.html
; Adult price for Wine Rail Excursions is $59 for adults and $39 for kids.
All Excursions include a ride up or down the Cuesta Grade on Amtrak's Coast Starlight and circle connection on a private Ride-On bus.
Buy Tickets Online Now: click here
Fall CCRRF Wine Rail Excursions:
Just Added: CCRRF Wine Rail Excursion Gift Tickets
- Sunday, October 14th: Second Sunday Wine Rail Excursion: starts in Paso at D'Anbino Tasting Room and visits Pomar Junction (only 8 seats left!)
- Friday, October 19th: Special Excursion to Pomar Junction's Train Wreck Friday Party with the Red Skunk Band! (Harvest Fest Weekend): starts in SLO - Rail Excursion SOLD OUT! Tickets will be available on site for the winery event.
- Sunday, November 11th: Second Sunday Wine Rail Excursion: starts in SLO and visits Pomar Junction Winery
- NEW: Sunday, December 9th: Annual Christmas Excursion: starts in Paso and visits Eberle Winery (enjoy its festive tasting room featuring owner Gary's model trains and their famous caves decked out for the holidays) and Le Vigne Winery (wine taste while strolling through their 1947 Pullman train cars decorated for their special Polar Express events)
. Buy tickets online for future Excursions. Recipients can select their own trip date.
Special 2013 Excursion now available:
The CCRRF is helping Academy Travel of SLO promote the Reno Fun Train
. Ride in classic dome cars through the Sierra Nevada Mountains February 7th-11th! Details at: http://itravelconsultants.com/group-travel/reno-fun-train.html
Central Coast Rail News and Events:
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 4th: SLORRM fundraiser at Bittercreek Western RR. Tics now on sale: http://slorrm.brownpapertickets.com/; (This event is already half sold out! Get your tickets NOW!)
- The Fillmore & Western Railway Co. and its affiliated nonprofit support groups have announced several new events this fall. Check out their "Pumkinliners" and the Saturday Night Murder Mystery Trains! They have a new Movie Train Café too! Details at: http://www.fwry.com
- Did you know that Doc Burnstein's Ice Cream Lab is now running a new division of its Overhead Railroad at its new location at 168 W. Clark Avenue in Old Orcutt?