Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
June 5, 2013
- CCRRF Rail Excursions: 2nd Sunday Wine Rail Trips, Train Wreck Friday Trips & a Santa Barbara Trip
- 2013 CCRRF Updates: SLORRM Grand Opening - New Festival Art Show and Competition
- Plus Central Coast Rail News
New Rail Excursions - Tickets Now On Sale for Summer 2013 Trips!
CCRRF Rail Excursion Gift Tickets are now available! Buy tickets online for future Excursions. Recipients can select their own trip date.
- Regular Second Sunday Wine Rail Excursions start in SLO on July 14th and in Paso Robles on June 9th and August 11th
(Several lower priced tickets still remain for this Sunday's Wine Rail Excursion from Paso!)
- Special Excursions to Pomar Junction's Famous Train Wreck Friday Parties: July 19th, August 16th and September 20th
- Wednesday, July 31st: Special Santa Barbara Excursion includes a Round Trip on Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner between SLO (also Grover & Guadalupe) and Santa Barbara, tours of the Reagan Ranch Center and Historic Santa Barbara Courthouse, shopping & complimentary wine tasting.
Details at: http://ccrrf.com/excursions.html Adult price for Wine Rail Excursions is $69 for adults and $39 for kids.
Most Excursions include a ride up or down the Cuesta Grade on Amtrak's Coast Starlight and circle connection on a private Ride-On bus.
Buy Tickets Online Now: click here
Central Coast Rail News and Events:
* June 7th: Award winning photographer John Roskoski will be displaying photographs on the Santa Maria Valley Railroad during Art After Dark in downtown San Luis Obispo. Details: www.friends-smvrr.org and www.artsobispo.org/artafterdark.php
* June 19th: Jane Brennan, great-granddaughter of Alan Hancock, will present "Recollections of Captain Hancock". This program will be held at the Santa Maria Library's Shepard's Hall. Doors open at 5pm. Admission is $5, or free if you grab dinner from the Cafe right next to the Hall. The program will start at 6pm. Details: www.friends-smvrr.org
* All Summer: The Fillmore & Western Railway Co. and its affiliated nonprofit support groups are offering many fun summer events. (Father's Day Excursions, Murder Express Lunch Trains and more.....) Details at: http://www.fwry.com
* August 17th: The Bay Area Garden Railroad Society and the South County Railroaders present the 19th Annual Garden Railroad Tour. (Gilroy area) Email Dale for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Month of October: The Central Coast Railroad Festival and SLO's Art Central Art Supply Shop and Gallery will sponsor a railroad themed art show and competition. It will involve two and three dimensional art work. Watch for details soon on the CCRRF website.
* October 10-13: 5th Annual Central Coast Railroad Festival.
* October 11th & 12th: David Holt, Nationally Known Folk Musician and Storytelling will perform during the CCRRF! David Holt ( http://www.davidholt.com/ ) is a four-time Grammy Award winner and exciting performer on stage, radio and television. David recorded a CD of railroad songs with Nashville greats in 2012 entitled "When the Train Comes Along" and currently hosts the PBS show Great Scenic Railroad Journeys. ( http://gsrj.com/)
* October 12th: Grand Opening for the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum! This will be the focal point of the 2013 CCRRF.
* April 30 - May 4, 2014: Coast Rails 2014 PCR Convention "Trains to Hadley Junction" Hosted by the Pacific Coast Region / NMRA in San Luis Obispo. Registration info: http://www.pcrnmra.org/conv2014/registration.html#form64601070
* The CCRRF Facebook Page is now being updated regularly too thanks to Cal Poly intern Hannah!
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: email@example.com