Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
August 27, 2013
* 2013 CCRRF Updates: Guest Music and Film Stars, Vintage Dome Car Excursions and More Announced !
* CCRRF Rail Excursions: 2nd Sunday Wine Rail Trips, Train Wreck Friday Trip & a Santa Barbara Trip
* Plus Central Coast Rail News
Railroad Festival Update - Concerts, Excursions and Events Announced - Tickets On Sale Now!
* October 10-13: 5th Annual Central Coast Railroad Festival. Check here for lins to details: http://ccrrf.com/ Check here
for updates. The Schedule
page is being updated daily.
* October 10th, 11th & 12th: David Holt
, a Grammy Award winning musician and media personality, and Robert C. Van Camp, the creator and producer of the Emmy-Award Winning Public Television series, "Great Scenic Railway Journeys"
will present special programs and make personal appearances during three days of the Central Coast Railroad Festival. Travel from LA to SLO on the vintage Silver Splendor dome car with David and Robert! Two concerts from David! Two nights of films from Robert! Details
* October 10th: Three excursion options on the vintage Silver Splendor dome car including guest stars, wine tasting, rail history, gifts and meals. Details
* October 12th: Grand Opening for the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum! This will be a major focal point of the 2013 CCRRF. New exhibits, running models, tours, programs and the Official Opening Ceremony at 11:30am. Press release
* October 12th & 13th: Saturday Family Excursion from Grover Beach to SLO with Ballooney the Clown. Sunday Wine Rail Excursion starting in Paso Robles. Details
* CCRRF Model Layout Tours are being finalized now by the Model Railroads of Southern California. These will include home and club layouts from Paso to Lompoc as well as several visiting club layouts. It is not to late to sign up to include your layout!
* October 3-29: The Central Coast Railroad Festival and SLO's Art Central Art Supply Shop and Gallery will sponsor "Shiny Rails - 135 Years of Railroads on the Central Coast" - a railroad themed art show and competition. It will involve two and three dimensional art work and models. Details and Application now on the CCRRF website.
* The Sands Inn & Suites in San Luis Obispo is our 2013 Festival Hotel. $79 room rates for Festival attendees! See the Sponsors
* All our major sponsors from 2012 are back onboard for 2013. Thanks! Amtrak - Rabobank - Union Pacific - Santa Maria Valley Railroad
New Rail Excursions - Tickets Now On Sale for Fall 2013 Trips!
CCRRF Rail Excursion Gift Tickets are now available! Buy tickets online for future Excursions. Recipients can select their own trip date.
* Regular Second Sunday Wine Rail Excursions start in SLO on September 8th and in Paso Robles on October 13th during the Railroad Festival
* Wednesday, September 18th: Special Santa Barbara Excursion includes a Round Trip on Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner between SLO (also Grover & Guadalupe) and Santa Barbara, tours of the Reagan Ranch Center and Historic Santa Barbara Courthouse, shopping & complimentary wine tasting. This will be a bilingual trip promoted by Univision Costa Central, the Spanish language TV station in our area.
* Special Excursion to Pomar Junction's Famous Train Wreck Friday Party: September 20th
* Private Excursions are available year round.
Central Coast Rail News and Events:
* Attention Modelers: The San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum's permanent model layout will be called the Central Coast Model Railroad. This attraction within the Museum will be constructed over the next several years. SLORRM is looking for new members to be part of this committee to help create and operate this museum quality HO layout. If interested, please attend one of two start up meetings at the Freight House. (Friday, Sept. 6 - 7:00pm or Saturday, Sept. 7 - 3:00pm) Questions? Email email@example.com
* The American Association of Private Railroad Car Owners is having its Annual Convention in late September and early October on the West Coast. A train of up to 23 member cars will overnight in San Luis Obispo on Friday evening, October 4th. These cars will be parked in the San Luis Obispo yard from 7:30pm on Friday until noon on Saturday. See: http://aaprco.com/
* The Fillmore & Western Railway Company's lease on the Santa Paula branch line will be terminated on December 1st. by Ventura County. You still have time to get a final ride in! Details at: http://www.fwry.com
* The SLO Railroad Museum is planning to host another Fundraiser at Bittercreek Western Railroad in November after the Grand Opening - details out soon.
* April 30 - May 4, 2014: Coast Rails 2014 PCR Convention "Trains to Hadley Junction", Hosted by the Pacific Coast Region / NMRA in San Luis Obispo. Registration info: http://www.pcrnmra.org/conv2014/registration.html#form64601070
* The CCRRF Facebook Page
is now being updated regularly too thanks to Cal Poly intern Hannah!
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org