Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
September 25, 2013
* 2013 Central Coast Railroad Festival Set to Start in Two Weeks! - October 10th to 13th
* Tickets are Now Available for Great Music and Film Events and the Vintage Dome Car Excursions
* New Events and Participants Just Added!
for daily updates.
page is being updated daily (PDF download and sortable dBase available, too).
* October 10th: Three excursion options on the vintage Silver Splendor dome car. Various trips include musician David Holt
and film maker Robert Van Camp, Pomar Junction wine tasting, rail history from South Coast Railroad Museum docents, gifts and gourmet meals. Just added: bluegrass musician and historian Peter Feldmann for the Santa Barbara to SLO to Santa Barbara legs. Click here
NOTE - Special offer for CCRRF List Serv Subscribers:
For every ticket you purchase for a Sliver Splendor excursion on October 10th you will receive two tickets to the Friday night (10/11) CCRRF film/concert event at the historic Fremont Theatre featuring Robert Van Camp and David Holt. When purchasing tickets online here
, merely note "CCRRF List Serv" in the red box with passenger names. You will be given your show comps when you arrive at the train that day.
* October 12th & 13th: Saturday Family Excursion from Grover Beach to SLO with Ballooney the Clown. Sunday Wine Rail Excursion starting in Paso Robles.
for excursion details.
GREAT MUSIC AND FILM EVENTS!
* October 10th, 11th & 12th: ! David Holt
, a Grammy Award winning musician and media personality, and Robert C. Van Camp, the creator and producer of the Emmy-Award Winning Public Television series, "Great Scenic Railway Journeys"
will present special programs and make personal appearances during three days of the Central Coast Railroad Festival. Details
* Thursday travel from LA to SLO on the vintage Silver Splendor dome car with David and Robert!
* Friday night's "Rhythm of the Railroads" concert with railroad films features David and Robert at the historic Fremont Theatre!
* David's show at the historic SLO Masonic Lodge on Saturday night will be entitled "Train Songs, Hobo Secrets and Tales of the Rails."
* Robert will be featured at a Saturday evening reception at the Masonic Hall and will present a program entitled "Celebrating North America's Tourist Railways and Museums" which is a film tribute to the men and women that help preserve and present our railroad heritage and keep it alive today for all to enjoy. Click here
* Free musical performances will be abundant during the Festival featuring the Central Coast Brass, BanjerDan and Banjo Man, Don Lampson, Peter Feldmann, Frankie Fuchs, Charlie Kleemann and ace guitarist Dorian Michael.
* Special Film showing just added: Noted photographer John Roskoski will show his popular film "SURF and the Southern Pacific" twice on Saturday afternoon at the SLO Library
* October 12th: Grand Opening for the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum! This will be a major focal point of the 2013 CCRRF. New exhibits, running models, tours, programs and the Official Opening Ceremony at 11:30am. SLORRM's latest press release is here
ART SHOW, MODEL LAYOUT TOURS and MORE INFO:
* The CCRRF Model Layout Tour has been finalized by the Model Railroads of Southern California. The tour includes home and club layouts from Paso to Lompoc as well as spectacular visiting club layouts and brand new layouts! Click here
to download the complete Tour Schedule.
* October 3-29: The Central Coast Railroad Festival and SLO's Art Central Art Supply Shop and Gallery will sponsor "Shiny Rails - 135 Years of Railroads on the Central Coast" - a railroad themed art show and competition. It will involve two and three dimensional art work and models. Artists and Modelers still have time to sign up! Also a Saturday afternoon artist reception. Click here
for Details and Application.
* The 2013 Festival includes more seminars and historical presentations than ever!
- Pacific Coast Railway programs and history walks in Avila Beach on Friday
- Railroad Industry Presentations by the Santa Maria Valley Railroad, UP and the Federal Railroad Administration on Sunday
- Numerous history presentations, family programs and childrens' book readings
* The Sands Inn & Suites in San Luis Obispo is our 2013 Festival Hotel
. $79 room rates for Festival attendees! Website
* All our major Sponsors from 2012 are back onboard for 2013. Amtrak
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Santa Maria Valley Railroad
Go directly to the detailed schedule page
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtis Reinhardt, Director
Central Coast Railroad Festival
2251 Shell Beach Rd. #6
Pismo Beach CA 93449
To receive these messages directly by email, subscribe here