Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
February 28, 2014
Railroad News, Excursions and Events for the Central Coast
Central Coast Railroad Festival Update
Thanks to everyone who attended and/or participated in the 2013 Central Coast Railroad Festival! The Festival included many successes and firsts! (See the CCRRF Website Photo Index
.) For several reasons we have decided to move the Festival into a biennial schedule. Presently we are counting down to the 6th Central Coast Railroad Festival scheduled for October 8-11, 2015. We welcome your feedback and suggestions for future Festivals.
Throw A Party on the Rails!
The Central Coast Railroad Festival is now offering private group Wine Rail Excursions to the Paso Robles Wine Country and Santa Barbara. These trips are very flexible and can occur any day of the week and are tailored to each individual group's wishes. These Excursions offer a unique experience for Holidays or any special occasion. These trips are perfect for company parties, family or church groups, wine clubs and seniors organizations! Private Excursions are also available from SLO to the Pomar Junction Train Wreck Friday parties this summer (third Friday of every month: April through October). Details and flyers at: http://ccrrf.com/excursions.html
The CCRRF Public Wine Rail Excursions have been suspended for the indefinite future.
Central Coast Rail News and Events:
* The SLO Railroad Museum has tentatively set Saturday, April 12th, as the first day to be open to the public. (10am - 4pm) Subsequently the Museum plans to be open on the second Saturday of each month through the summer and hopes to convert to a schedule of being open every Saturday - possibly later this year. Regular admission fees will be $5 for adults and $3 for children up to 15 years of age. The Museum will also be available for private events and tours. Details soon at: http://slorrm.com/
* April 30 - May 4: Coast Rails 2014 PCR Convention "Trains to Hadley Junction" Hosted by the Pacific Coast Region / NMRA in San Luis Obispo. Registration info: http://www.pcrnmra.org/conv2014/registration.html#form64601070
* May 10: National Train Day events at the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum. 10-4pm Details soon at: http://slorrm.com/
* Attention Modelers: The San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum?s permanent model layout will be called the Central Coast Model Railroad. This attraction within the Museum will be constructed over the next several years. The Pacific Coast Railway portion at Avila will be running this May. SLORRM is looking for new members to be part of this committee to help create and operate this museum quality HO layout. If you want to get involved please email email@example.com
* The Ocean Depot in Oceano is open every Sunday from 1-3pm. Details at: http://www.oceanodepot.org/index.htm
* Consider becoming a member of the Friends of the Santa Maria Valley Railroad. Details at: http://www.friends-smvrr.org/
* The Fillmore & Western Railway Company continues to offer many types of train rides this spring. Details at: http://www.fwry.com
* August 14: Joint rail association meeting in San Luis Obispo. This event will include representatives from the Coast Rail Coordinating Council, LOSSAN, SLOCOG and the Rail Passenger Association of California. This meeting will be very interesting for rail fans and passengers and is open to the general public! Details soon at: http://www.railpac.org/
* The SLO Railroad Museum is planning to host its annual fundraiser at Bittercreek Western Railroad in the fall of 2014. (There will be no public events this spring.) Details and tickets this summer at: http://slorrm.com/
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org