Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
May 2, 2014
National Train Day Event at SLORRM - CCRRF Excursions
More Railroad News and Events for the Central Coast
San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum News:
* May 10: National Train Day Event at the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum. FREE! 10-4pm at the Freight House
Special history programs and tours - safety program - speeder rides ($) - kiddie area - operating model railroad - see the new restroom in the PCRy Boxcar No. 706 - food and more! NTD details and ongoing updates for special exhibits here: http://slorrm.com/140418pr.html
NTD railroad swap meet offered for the first time - vendor tables still available! (http://slorrm.com/images/SLORRM-2014-RR-Swap-Meet.pdf
* Check out SLORRM's New Website! Details at: http://slorrm.com/
Fresh look - new sections - more photos - upcoming events - hours of operation - rental information for special events!
* Attention Modelers: The San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum's permanent model layout will be called the Central Coast Model Railroad. This attraction within the Museum will be constructed over the next several years. The Pacific Coast Railway portion at Avila will be running this May. SLORRM is looking for new members to be part of this committee to help create and operate this museum quality HO layout. If you want to get involved please email email@example.com
Throw A Party on the Rails!
* The Central Coast Railroad Festival is now offering private group Wine Rail Excursions to the Paso Robles Wine Country and Santa Barbara. These trips are very flexible and can occur any day of the week and are tailored to each individual group's wishes. These Excursions offer a unique experience for Holidays or any special occasion. These trips are perfect for company parties, family or church groups, wine clubs and seniors organizations! Private Excursions are also available from SLO to the Pomar Junction Train Wreck Friday parties this summer (third Friday of every month: June through August). Details and flyers at: http://ccrrf.com/excursions.html
Note: the CCRRF Public Wine Rail Excursions have been suspended for the indefinite future.
Central Coast Rail News and Events:
* June 14: Friends of the Santa Maria Valley Railroad Summer BBQ
Join the group at the railroad headquarters in Betteravia for a Santa Maria-style (tri-tip and chicken) Friends Fundraising BBQ Social for only $10/person. Includes beans, garlic bread, drinks, and dessert. Come celebrate summer and the upgrades and updates on the Santa Maria Valley Railroad's locomotives! The fun starts at 11am. Must be a Friends member for insurance purposes on railroad property (you can join on the spot). RSVP: Jamie.Foster@JF2.com or (805) 614-7093 (leave a message).
* Consider becoming a member of the Friends of the Santa Maria Valley Railroad. Details at: http://www.friends-smvrr.org/
* The Oceano Depot in Oceano is open every Sunday from 1-3pm. Details at: http://www.oceanodepot.org/index.htm
* The Fillmore & Western Railway Company continues to offer many types of train rides this spring. Details at: http://www.fwry.com
* August 14: Joint rail association meeting in San Luis Obispo. This event will include representatives from the Coast Rail Coordinating Council, LOSSAN, SLOCOG and the Rail Passenger Association of California. This meeting will be very interesting for rail fans and passengers and is open to the general public! Details soon at: http://www.railpac.org/
* The SLO Railroad Museum is planning to host its annual fundraiser at Bittercreek Western Railroad in the fall of 2014. (There will be no public events at Bittercreek this summer.) Details and tickets later this summer at: http://slorrm.com/
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org