Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
March 6, 2015
CENTRAL COAST RAILROAD FESTIVAL
- The San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum will host and manage future Central Coast Railroad Festivals. Curtis Reinhardt, CCRRF Founder and Director for the first five Festivals recently handed off the Festival to the SLORRM. Curtis will remain on the SLORRM events committee and will be very involved with the 2015 CCRRF.
- Save the Dates: October 1-4, 2015 are the dates for the 2015 CCRRF.
- Webmaster Jamie Foster has updated the CCRRF website. Check it out!
SAN LUIS OBISPO RAILROAD MUSEUM
- See the new SLORRM website! Thanks to webmaster Jamie Foster! (SLORRM.com)
- NOTE: CCRRF List Serve members are invited to join the SLORRM broadcast email list. Receive periodic messages from the SLORRM in the From The Freighthouse E-Newsletter which highlights special events, news items, ongoing programming, new displays and volunteer opportunities. These emails are specific to SLORRM activities and are published about two times per month. (SLORRM.com/subscribe.html)
- Regular Museum hours are now on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month 10am to 4pm. (Small admission fee charged for nonmembers.)
- Save the Date! The Museum will again celebrate National Train Day on Saturday, May 9th, with an open house and special christening of its "La Cuesta" Parlor Car.
- Take a private rail car excursion to Santa Barbara with the SLORRM on June 20th (SLORRM.com/150620.html)
- The Museum is looking for Volunteer Docents to work 1-2 days per month for 6 hours per day. If interested please contact: Diane Marchetti at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIENDS OF THE SANTA MARIA VALLEY RAILROAD
- Puttin' on the Ritz fundraiser on April 23rd at Monarch Dunes Golf Club in Nipomo. This event benefits activities of the Friends of the Santa Maria Valley Railroad and the restoration of the SLORRM's La Cuesta Parlor Car (Friends-SMVRR.org/150423.html)
WINE RAIL EXCURSIONS
- CCRRF founder Curtis Reinhardt is still leading Wine Rail Excursions for private groups (Wine Clubs - Birthdays - Corporate Meetings - Family Reunions). Trips can be set up any day of the week on the Pacific Surfliner from SLO to Santa Barbara or between SLO and Paso Robles on the Coast Starlight.
MORE CENTRAL COAST RAILROAD NEWS:
- The Oceano Depot in Oceano is open every Sunday from 1-3pm. (OceanoDepot.org)
- The Fillmore & Western Railway Company continues to offer many types of train rides this spring. (FWRy-blog.com)
- A new Central Coast Railroading Calendar is now available which offers up to date listings for all rail events in our area. (CCRRF.com/calendar.html)
- Rail Users' Network 10th Annual Conference, Friday, March 27, 2015: Details
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: email@example.com