Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
September 20, 2016
2016 CENTRAL COAST RAILROAD FESTIVAL
Great Family Fun! October 7-9. Most Events are Free!
- Website: CCRRF.com
- Festival Schedule
Many thanks to this year's CCRRF Major Sponsors: Amtrak - Union Pacific - Santa Maria Valley Railroad
Amazing Model Train Layouts. Model Railroad Layout Tour #50 organized by the Model Railroads of Southern California. This tour includes 18 different layouts, at various locations from Lompoc on the south to Atascadero on the north, covering many scales and eras at both private and public sites. Details here.
Wine Rail Excursion on the Coast Starlight - Friday Oct. 7th - Tickets still available! Details.
- Numerous Events and Exhibits at County Libraries, Jack House, area History Museums, and SLO Railroad Museum. Ride your bike to the Octagon Barn Saturday morning.
- Check out the Sunday event at the Swanton Pacific Railroad (Davenport, CA). Flier (PDF)
SAN LUIS OBISPO RAILROAD MUSEUM
Festival Details at the Museum: Click on the link for 3 days of activities at the Museum.
NOTE: CCRRF Email Subscribers (you) are invited to join the SLORRM broadcast email list. Receive periodic messages from the SLORRM in The Freighthouse E-Newsletter which highlights special events, news items, ongoing programming, new displays and volunteer opportunities. These emails are specific to SLORRM activities and are published about two times per month. (SLORRM.com/subscribe.html)
Regular Museum hours are every Saturday from 10am to 4pm. (Small admission fee charged for nonmembers.)
- Pacific Coast Railway Bus Tour on Sunday, November 13, 2016. See the SLORRM Events/Schedule page for details.
- Visit the Museum during December to view special Holiday displays and model trains! Santa arrives by train on December 3, 2016 at 1pm.
MORE CENTRAL COAST RAILROAD NEWS:
The Oceano Depot in Oceano is open every Sunday from 1-3pm. (OceanoDepot.org)
The Friends of the Santa Maria Valley Railroad will hold a Wednesday evening program on September 21, 2016 in Shepard Hall at the Santa Maria Library. "Your Community, Your Railroad. How to be a railroad advocate in our community." Details can be found on their Program page.
- Year-Round Calendar: A Central Coast Railroading Calendar offers up-to-date listings for all rail events in our area: CCRRF.com/calendar.html.
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: email@example.com