Back to the Index of Announcement Emails
April 5, 2013
- CCRRF Rail Excursions: Regular 2nd Sunday Trips, National Train Day Trips & Santa Barbara Trip
- News for the 2013 CCRRF: SLORRM Grand Opening - David Holt to perform during the Festival
- Info on Excursion Gift Certificates and LAST CALL for the German Model Train Trip!
- Plus more Central Coast Rail News
New Rail Excursions - Tickets Now Available for 2013 Trips!
CCRRF Rail Excursion Gift Tickets are now available! Buy tickets online for future Excursions. Recipients can select their own trip date.
2013 CCRRF Rail Excursions:
- Regular Second Sunday Wine Rail Excursions start in SLO on May 12th (Mother?s Day) and in Paso Robles on June 9th.
- Three National Train Day Family Exucrsions on May 11th: Trips start in Grover Beach, San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles. Visit NTD activities at the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum?s Freight House and at the SLO Amtrak Station.
- Special Excursions to Pomar Junction?s Famous Train Wreck Friday Parties: May 17th, July 19th and August 16th
- Wednesday, May 29th: Special Santa Barbara Excursion includes a Round Trip on Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner between SLO (also Grover & Guadalupe) and Santa Barbara, private tour of the Reagan Ranch Center, shopping & complimentary wine tasting.
Details at: http://ccrrf.com/excursions.html Adult price for Wine Rail Excursions is $59 for adults and $39 for kids.
Most Excursions include a ride up or down the Cuesta Grade on Amtrak?s Coast Starlight and circle connection on a private Ride-On bus.
Buy Tickets Online Now: click here
Special 2013 Excursion now available:
* LAST CALL! Nine day German Model Train Excursion. The CCRRF is helping the International Fellowship of Railroading Rotarians promote this trip. Ride high speed trains between German cities to visit major model layouts and railroad museums. June 27th to July 6th. Details .
Central Coast Rail News and Events:
* April 14th: San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum fundraiser at Bittercreek Western Railroad. Ride behind miniature steamers! http://slorrm.com/
* April 26-28: Musical Theater at the Oceano Depot - ?Thoroughly Modern Millie ? Junior? by Coastal Music and Dance Academy
* Saturday, May 11th: National Train Day! Three Central Coast Family Rail Excursions (see above) plus free open house at the SLORRM?s Freight House ( http://slorrm.com/) with exhibits and running models from 10am to 4pm. Displays and models at the SLO Amtrak Station also.
* October 10-13: 5th Annual Central Coast Railroad Festival. http://ccrrf.com/#
* October 11th & 12th: David Holt, Nationally Known Folk Musician and Storytelling will perform during the CCRRF! David Holt ( http://www.davidholt.com/ ) is a four-time Grammy Award winner and exciting performer on stage, radio and television. David recorded a CD of railroad songs with Nashville greats in 2012 entitled ?When the Train Comes Along? and currently hosts the PBS show Great Scenic Railroad Journeys. ( http://gsrj.com/)
* October 12th: Grand Opening for the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum! This will be the focal point of the 2013 CCRRF.
* The CCRRF website is constantly updated with interesting information and photos. Check here for updates: http://ccrrf.com/whatsnew.html
* The CCRRF Facebook Page is now being updated regularly too thanks to Cal Poly intern Hannah!
Do you have a Central Coast railroad event to add to our next broadcast email? Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org